1) See if they were right.
2) See if I could find articles on all of them.
It turns out they were right for the most part. I couldn’t find documentation on one of the injuries.
- April 2011 – Sprain of medial collateral ligaments in left knee and minor strain of his left achilles.
“I personally contacted tournament officials and expressed my regret in not being able to play. This is an outstanding event, but I must follow doctors’ orders to get better.
- December 2010 – Right ankle necessitates cortisone shot.
- May 2010 – Back and neck issues.
“I’ve been playing with a bad neck for quite a while. I might have a bulging disk.”
- December 2008 – Achilles rupture in right leg.
- June 2008 – Reconstructive surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in left knee
- June 2008 – Stress fractures of left tibia.
- April 2008 – Athroscopic surgery on his left knee.
“The doctors said I should be able to play in four to six weeks after the surgery, but there are no guarantees about anything right now. I’m just going to work hard and do what they tell me to do.”
- July 2007 – Ruptures anterior cruciate ligament in the left knee
- December 2002 – Surgery to remove fluid inside and around the anterior cruciate ligament
- December 1994 – Surgery to remove two benign tumors and scar tissue in left knee.